Attorney Advertising Rules in New York
Of course, as your marketing company, our top priority is to ensure that your firm truly exceeds all others in your field. That being said, while doing so, we must always abide by all rules set out by the Bar for attorney advertising in New York. When you partner with Accel Marketing Solutions, you and your law firm can rest easy, knowing that we are well-versed all rules regarding attorney advertising in New York State. Contact Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. today to learn more about how our team of marketing professionals can help your law firm reach its maximum potential.
New York’s Advertising Rules And How They Could Affect You
While you practice law, the marketing company you entrust with your internet marketing efforts may not know that there are rules that govern how your website and paid advertising should be conducted. These situations can quickly land you in hot water. Whether you are a sole attorney or a larger law firm, the advertising rules of New York are simple, and should be taken into account.
Understanding New York’s Attorney Advertising Rules
There are few things more damaging for a law firm than receiving disciplinary action by the New York Bar, which is why we study, and have a firm understanding of, what attorneys are, and are not, permitted to claim on their websites and any other forms of advertising communications. Some of the rules outlined in the New York Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct for internet marketing are as follows:
- Attorneys are prohibited from making any statements that could be considered deceptive, misleading, or outright false. They are also prohibited from making any statement that violates a rule. [Rule 7.1]
- Rule 7.1 also states that all attorney advertisements and communications must include the name, principal law office address, and the phone number of the law firm or attorney whose services are being communicated in the ad.
- Rule 7.2, Payment for Referrals, states that under most circumstances, attorneys cannot give individuals anything of value, such as a monetary payment, in exchange for recommending that attorney or law firm’s services.
- Rule 7.4, Identification of Practice and Specialty, states that all attorneys can indicate whether they do, or do not, practice certain areas of law. However, under most circumstances, attorneys are not allowed to state that they are a “specialist” or an “expert,” unless, for example, they have been officially certified as a specialist by the American Bar Association.
New York Attorneys Trust In Accel Marketing Solutions
When you partner with Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc., you will understand, from the start, that your law firm is our team’s top priority, and that we will not rest until you find true success. Just some of the services that Accel will provide your firm with are as follows:
- A unique, bold, and aesthetically-pleasing website design that showcases your firm’s personality and skillset.
- Intuitive SEO strategies tailor-fit to your firm’s needs so you can rise to the top on all the major search engines, including Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- We craft state-specific educational legal content so your clients have an idea of where they stand upon entering your office. Education is the cornerstone of trust, and consistently releasing informative, honest content forges a connection with prospective clients before they ever even give you a call.
- High-quality educational videos featuring you providing potential clients answers to some of the most common questions asked of attorneys in your field, all from the comfort of your own office.
- Effective Pay-Per-Click and Remarketing campaign management.
- Reputation management to minimize the impact that any unwarranted negative reviews may have, so as to prevent the tarnishing of your firm’s good name.
- 24/7 Live Chat to make instant connections with prospective clients at all times. With 24/7 live chat, you will never miss a call or a client again.
In the digital age, there is nothing more important than having a strong online presence to captivate potential clients and convert them into real clients. This is what we do. Contact Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. today so we can get started.