Attorney Advertising Rules in Maine
Law firms across the state of Maine need to be aware of the specific advertising rules that apply to them when they want to inform the public of their legal services. The Maine Rules of Professional Conduct became effective in August of 2009 and must be considered when your law firm creates a new website or advertises any other way. When your firm chooses to work with Accel Marketing Solutions for all of your digital marketing needs, your website will always be in compliance with all advertising laws that may apply. To learn more about how Accel can help your firm flourish online and off, contact us today.
Understanding The Maine Rules Of Professional Conduct
Attorneys and law firms across the United States need to be aware of the advertising rules that they are subject to in order to avoid any possible violation. Maine attorneys and law firms are no exception. Whether you are creating a new website or engaging in other advertising efforts, it is important to know what is acceptable according to your state’s bar.
Attorney Conduct Rules Made Easy
Some of the most prevalent attorney advertising rules to be aware of include the following:
- No communication can include any sort of false or misleading language about yourself or the legal services you provide. Be sure not to leave out any necessary facts that could lead a reasonable person to misinterpret your statement [Rule 7.1, Communications Concerning a Lawyer’s Services]
- When you publish any communication, be sure to include the name and address of at least one of the attorneys at your firm that will take responsibility for the content disseminated [Rule 7.2, Advertising]
- When you do publish any sort of advertisement/communication, you aren’t allowed to make claims that you are a specialist in a specific legal field unless you were certified by an organization that was approved by the appropriate state authority. Additionally, you have to include the name of the certifying organization within the publication [Rule 7.4, Communication of Field of Practice Specialization]
Accel Is Ready To Help You Succeed Online
If you are considering partnering with Accel, you are most likely wondering what separates us from other marketing companies for attorneys. To start, our team of marketing professionals will offer your firm the following services to help ensure you reach your maximum potential:
- We will build your custom website design from scratch based on the message you want to convey to your potential clients about your strengths, culture, and more.
- We tailor-fit our SEO strategies to your firm’s specific needs to help you get recognized on popular search engines, such as Google and Yahoo.
- Our content writers craft educational legal content specifically for clients seeking legal assistance in the state of Maine.
- We produce professional-grade educational videos featuring you answering some of the most commonly asked questions of attorneys in your field.
- Paid advertising campaign management
- No matter the law firm, they are bound to receive one or two unwarranted, poor reviews. That is why we utilize state-of-the-art reputation management tools to minimize the impact of a bad review on your firm’s good name.
- 24/7 Live Chat services to make instant connections with prospective clients at all times.