Attorney Advertising Rules in Maryland
Law firms in Maryland need to understand their obligation to abide by the rules that were set in regard to attorney advertising restrictions. The Maryland Rules of Professional Conduct must be considered any time a law firm is creating a website or intends to release advertising communications. At Accel Marketing Solutions, we can create a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that keeps your state’s Rules of Professional Conduct in mind every step of the way. Contact our office today to get started on maximizing your firm’s online potential.
Understanding Maryland’s Attorney Advertising Rules
When it comes time to rethink your marketing efforts, be sure to keep in mind the regulations all attorneys and law firms must follow to maintain compliance with the Rules of Professional Conduct. Violating some of these rules could put you and your law firm in jeopardy.
A Breakdown Of Maryland’s Rules
Maryland provides a simple list to follow. When it comes to creating a website or another marketing effort, including PPC or other ads, take a quick look to make sure you are adhering to the following:
- Any material representation of law or fact is prohibited in any sort of communication. Additionally, it is important to ensure the communication doesn’t create any unjustified expectations about the possible results that can be achieved by your services. [Rule 19-307.1]
- You are required to keep a copy of any communications that are published for at least 3 years after its last use. You should also be sure to keep a note of both when and where it was used. [Rule 19-307.2]
- While you are allowed to inform prospective clients of the practice areas you are experienced with, you can’t claim to be a specialist in that practice area or claim to be certified in that area, with a few exceptions [Rule 19-307.4]
- It is a good idea to have a disclaimer included on your website, even though it is not required. This protects you from any potential legal action brought against you by a client that may feel as though your website or advertisement leads them to believe you could achieve a specific settlement or outcome.
Why Maryland Attorneys Pick Accel Marketing Solutions
Accel Marketing Solutions has what it takes to help your law firm succeed online. We offer a wide range of digital marketing services that can assist in reaching your maximum potential, including:
- A modern, individualized website to show off your firm’s personality, culture, and strengths.
- Law firm SEO strategies that help you get recognized on popular search engines.
- State-specific educational legal content that converts readers into potential clients.
- High-quality educational videos to answer the FAQs of prospective clients.
- Paid advertising campaign management for Pay-Per-Click and Remarketing.
- Reputation management across various web platforms.
- 24/7 Live Chat so prospective clients can always reach your firm.