Attorney Advertising Rules in Idaho
Law firms across Idaho need to make sure they have a quality internet marketing presence. One major component of a comprehensive digital marketing plan is to ensure that your firm is in compliance with the Idaho Rules of Professional Conduct, which outline the regulations that law firms must meet when they choose to advertise, among other things. When you hire Accel Marketing Solutions to enhance your digital presence, we will make sure that these rules are considered every step of the way. Contact us today.
Rules Regarding Attorney Advertising
The Idaho Rules of Professional Conduct went into effect in November of 1986, and have governed attorney advertising, communications, and solicitation ever since. An outline of Idaho’s rules is as follows:
- Law firms can’t include any misleading or blatantly false information on their website [Rule 7.1]
- Law firms can’t compare their legal services with any of their competitors in order to gain an advantage [Rule 7.1]
- While lawyers can advertise their legal services in a variety of platforms and public media, they must be sure to keep a copy of that ad for 2 years after it has been published, in addition to a record of when and where it was used [Rule 7.2]
- All attorney advertisements need to include the name and office address of at least one of the firm’s lawyers on any communication for advertising purposes [Rule 7.2]
- Be sure not to include the terms “expert,” “specialize,” or “specialist” on an attorney website unless the attorney has been certified as a specialist by an organization approved by the Idaho State Bar, and the certifying’s organization is clearly presented in the advertisement or on the website [Rule 7.4]
Idaho Attorney Advertising Disclaimers
The Bar requires all attorney advertisements to include a disclaimer stating the limitations of any claims presented on their website. These legal disclaimers exist to avoid assigning responsibility to the attorney. Typically, they involve information that states any communication between the attorney and prospective client does not officially result in a lawyer-client relationship. Additionally, the information on the website shouldn’t be misconstrued for legal advice, so the reader should not act upon it without actually retaining legal help.
Why Idaho Law Firms Work With Us
Attorneys in Idaho who are looking to revamp their digital presence should consider Accel Marketing Solutions. Not only will we ensure compliance with Idaho’s attorney advertising rules, but you can also expect a wide range of other benefits, including:
- Custom law firm website designs to show off what your firm can do for future clients.
- SEO-centric strategies that help you get recognized on popular search engines.
- State-specific educational legal content that converts readers into potential clients.
- High-quality educational videos to showcase your knowledge and answer FAQs.
- Effective paid advertising campaign management such as Pay-Per-Click and Remarketing.
- Reputation management to minimize the impact of a bad review.
- 24/7 Live Chat to make instant connections with prospective clients at all times.
For years, Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. has been provided attorneys with the tools they need to succeed, and we are ready to do the same for you. Contact us today.