Attorney Advertising Rules in Hawaii
When it comes time to assess your law firm’s marketing needs, it is important that your marketing company is aware of the requirements that law firms must face in order to comply with the Rules of Professional Conduct. When you work with Accel Marketing Solutions, you can feel confident knowing that you are in good hands. Our digital marketing professionals are well-versed in the Rules of Professional Conduct and consider them in everything we do for your business. Contact us today to learn how we can help.
Rules Regarding Attorney Advertising
There are a number of different stipulations included in the Hawaii Lawyers’ Rules of Professional Conduct, which are considered some of the most stringent in the country. An outline of Hawaii’s rules is as follows:
- According to Rule 7.1., Communications Concerning a Lawyer’s Services, a lawyer is not permitted to make any false or misleading communications in regards to the individual or his or her services. It is important to note that even truthful statements that are misleading are also prohibited. Communication may be considered false or misleading if it meets any of the following criteria:
- The communication omits a necessary fact, includes a material misrepresentation of fact, or other misrepresentation;
- Creates an unjustified expectation regarding possible case results; or
- Makes unsubstantiated claims comparing their legal services with those of a competitor
- Rule 7.2 states that in Hawaii, a lawyer is permitted to advertise his or her services in written, recorded, or electronic methods of communication, to include communications via public media. Additionally, a lawyer is not permitted to give anything of value to an individual who recommended his or her legal services, with certain exceptions.
- According to Rule 7.4, a lawyer must not state or imply that a lawyer is certified as a specialist in a particular field of law unless he or she has been certified as a specialist by an organization approved by an appropriate state authority. Terms that should be avoided include “expert,” “specialize,” or “specialist.”
Hawaii Attorney Advertising Disclaimers
Law firms in Hawaii should be sure to include a disclaimer on their websites. When Accel Marketing Solutions builds you a custom site, you can feel confident knowing that we do not launch a website without a disclaimer. An example of one of the disclaimers we include is as follows:
“THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. These materials have been prepared for general informational purposes only and are not intended and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on any specific facts or circumstances. Every case is unique. The information contained in this website is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship nor is it intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney. Website User should not act upon this information without seeking professional legal counsel. This Law Firm Website is built and managed by Accel Marketing Solutions.
The use of the Internet or our contact form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through our form.”
Why Hawaii Law Firms Choose Accel
When law firms in Hawaii choose Accel Marketing Solutions, they can expect high-quality services to create a comprehensive digital marketing plan. In addition to maintaining compliance with Hawaii’s attorney advertising rules, you can also expect:
- A modern, individualized website to show off your firm’s personality, culture, and strengths.
- Law firm SEO strategies that help you get recognized on popular search engines.
- State-specific educational legal content that converts readers into potential clients.
- High-quality educational videos to answer the FAQs of prospective clients.
- Paid advertising campaign management for Pay-Per-Click and Remarketing.
- Reputation management across various web platforms.
- 24/7 Live Chat so prospective clients can always reach your firm.
Contact Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. today if you are ready to get started.