Attorney Advertising Rules in Illinois
The Illinois Rules of Professional Conduct are important for every law firm to take into consideration as they create or enhance their online presence. With the help of Accel Marketing Solutions, you don’t need to worry about a thing. While we are committed to making sure you have a beautiful, unique website that brings in the clients you want, we will also maintain compliance with the advertising rules that impact your law firm. Contact us today.
Rules Regarding Attorney Advertising
The Illinois Rules of Professional Conduct govern attorney advertising, communications, and solicitation. An outline of some of those rules is as follows:
- No attorneys are permitted to make any false or misleading statements (even if they are true) about either themselves or their legal services [Rule 7.1]
- Attorneys aren’t allowed to offer anything of value to those who recommend their legal services, with a few exceptions [Rule 7.2]
- When advertisements or communications are published, it needs to include the name and office address of at least one lawyer at the firm [Rule 7.2]
- Attorneys are prohibited from claiming that they are “certified,” an “expert,” or a “specialist” when describing their qualifications because the Supreme Court of Illinois does not recognize any certifications for specific legal practice areas [Rule 7.4]
Illinois Attorney Advertising Disclaimers
Attorney websites should be sure to include a disclaimer to protect themselves from unintended legal consequences. These legal disclaimers exist to avoid assigning responsibility to the attorney. Here is an example of a disclaimer created by Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. to be used on an attorney website:
“THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. These materials have been prepared for general informational purposes only and are not intended and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on any specific facts or circumstances. Every case is unique. The information contained in this website is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship nor is it intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney. Website User should not act upon this information without seeking professional legal counsel. This Law Firm Website is built and managed by Accel Marketing Solutions.
The use of the Internet or our contact form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through our form.”
Why Choose Accel?
Attorneys in Illinois who are looking to revamp their digital presence should consider Accel Marketing Solutions. Not only will we ensure compliance with Illinois’s attorney advertising rules, but you can also expect a wide range of other benefits, including:
- Modern website designs that effectively display the character, services, and strengths of your law firm.
- SEO-centric strategies that help you get recognized on popular search engines.
- State-specific educational legal content that converts readers into potential clients.
- High-quality educational videos to showcase your knowledge and answer FAQs.
- Effective Pay-Per-Click and Remarketing campaign management.
- Reputation management to minimize the impact of a bad review.
- 24/7 Live Chat to make instant connections with prospective clients at all times.
If you have a law firm in Indiana, contact Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. today so we can talk about the next step forward.