Attorney Advertising Rules in Texas
Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. has been dedicated to assisting law firms and attorneys across the country to maximize their clientele through comprehensive marketing campaigns for years, and we know we can do the same for you. Part of doing so, however, is understanding the rules set out by the Texas bar for attorney advertising. Please continue reading and contact Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. to learn more.
Texas Attorney Advertising Disclaimers
While a strong marketing campaign is critical, it must understand its legal limits. That is why for every website we create, we ensure that we include a disclaimer that states that all information provided on the website should never be considered legal advice and that reading such advice or filling out a contact form does not establish an attorney-client relationship. This will help your firm avoid potential future legal issues.
Texas Rules for Professional Conduct
In the state of Texas, the Bar has implemented several Rules for Professional Conduct of which attorneys must adhere to at all times. Part of what we do here at Accel is work to ensure your firm’s marketing campaign is always functioning in accordance with those rules. Some of the Rules for Professional Conduct in Texas include the following:
- According to Rule 7.02, Communications Concerning a Lawyer’s Services, lawyers in Texas are prohibited from making or sponsoring false or misleading communications regarding his or her qualifications or services.
- Rule 7.05 states that an attorney may not send, deliver or transmit a written, audio, electronic communication to a potential client with the purpose of obtaining employment if the communication involves coercion, deceit, or harassment.
- Rule 7.04 states that attorneys in Texas are permitted to state whether they do or do not practice certain fields of law, however, they may not state or imply that they are a specialist unless they are admitted to engage in patent practice, admiralty practice, or is certified as a specialist in a certain field of law by an organization accredited by the American Bar Association
Looking For A Marketing Change? We Can Help.
We are more than another digital marketing company. We believe in providing our clients with all of the tools they need to thrive amongst a sea of attorneys. Just some of the benefits of hiring Accel are as follows:
- Your firm will receive a completely unique website that truly captivates potential clients, showcasing your law firm’s culture and strengths.
- Comprehensive SEO strategies that will help your firm appear on the first page of all major search engines, including Google and Bing.
- State-specific educational legal content made for potential clients facing critical, pressing legal issues in Texas.
- Professional-grade educational videos featuring you answering some of the most common questions attorneys in your field are asked on a regular basis, all from the comfort of your own office.
- Effective Pay-Per-Click and Remarketing campaign management.
- Reputation management to drastically decrease the impact that a bad review could potentially have on your law firm’s good name.
- 24/7 Live Chat to make instant connections with prospective clients at all times. With 24/7 live chat, you will never miss a call or a client.