Attorney Advertising Rules in Massachusetts
The state of Massachusetts is home to thousands of attorneys who are all competing against one another to gain clientele. Attorney advertising is critical for any law firm and should include a well-built website that attracts and informs prospective clients. When creating a website, law firms need to be aware of the Massachusetts Rules of Professional Conduct that were set by the Bar. Contact Accel Marketing Solutions today for a complete digital marketing strategy that maintains compliance with these rules.
At Accel Marketing Solutions, we understand the power that words hold. To protect your law firm from any lawsuits from prospective clients and other members of the public, we include a disclaimer on each of our clients’ websites. These disclaimers include language stating that there is no official attorney-client relationship established simply by using the website’s contact form, that past case results stated on the website should not give any expectation of what the results may be in their case, and that information read on the website should not be considered official legal advice.
Understanding Massachusetts’ Rules of Professional Conduct
Law firms operating in the state of Massachusetts are required to comply with the Bar Rules when they want to do advertising or build a website. The breakdown of these rules is as follows:
- You can only make entirely truthful statements about yourself or your services that do not mislead the public, even if they are true [Rule 7.1, Communication Concerning a Lawyer’s Services]
- You are not to create unreasonable or unjustified expectations about the results that you are able to achieve when referencing past cases [Rule 7.1, Communication Concerning a Lawyer’s Services]
- When you do publish any form of advertising communication, be sure to include the name of the lawyer or law firm that is responsible for the content in the advertisement [Rule 7.2, Advertising]
- You are allowed to state that you practice specific fields of law as long as you don’t claim to be certified as a specialist without meeting the criteria to make such claims [Rule 7.4, Communication of Fields of Practie]
Why Choose Accel?
Accel Marketing Solutions is proud to offer our clients a full spectrum of digital marketing services to manage every aspect of your online presence. When you make the decision to work with us, you can receive the following services:
- Customized, modern websites that truly set you apart from all others in your field.
- SEO strategies that help boost your rankings on Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- State-specific educational legal content that converts readers into potential clients.
- High-quality educational videos to showcase your knowledge and answer FAQs in your area of practice.
- Useful Pay-Per-Click and Remarketing campaign management.
- Reputation management to minimize the impact of a bad review.
- 24/7 Live Chat to make instant connections with prospective clients at all times.