Attorney Advertising Rules in Utah
Having a comprehensive online marketing campaign is a quintessential part of any successful business in the digital age, and law firms are no different. Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. has helped countless attorneys take their firms to the next level for years, and we have the tools needed to do the same for you. That being said, solid marketing cannot be done without fully understanding its limits, which is why we continuously stay well-versed and in compliance with the Bar Rules for Attorney Advertising in your state. Please read on and contact Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. to learn more.
Utah Attorney Advertising Disclaimers
Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. is dedicated to helping your firm thrive, and part of that is protecting your firm from potential legal battles with clients over discrepancies regarding material posted on your website. Essentially, whenever we create a website, we include attorney advertising disclaimers to ensure readers that any information they read on the website is not to be considered legal advice and that reading such advice or filling out a contact form does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
Utah Rules For Professional Conduct
In the state of Utah, attorneys must abide by the Rules for Professional Conduct implemented by the Bar. Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc., will ensure that your firm’s marketing campaign is constantly acting within these constraints. Some of the Rules for Professional Conduct in Utah include the following:
- Rule 7.1, Communicating an Attorney’s Services states that attorneys are prohibited from making false or misleading statements about themselves or the services they provide for their clients. This means, for example, if you are a personal injury attorney, you cannot say you are also a family law attorney if you do not practice such law.
- Rule 7.1 also states that attorneys cannot say things that would give a reader an unreasonable expectation regarding his or her case. For instance, an attorney cannot “guarantee” someone that he or she will win their case.
- An attorney may advertise his or her services via recorded or electronic communication, as long as the advertisement includes the office address and the name of at least one attorney/law firm responsible for the content, according to Rule 7.2, Attorney Advertising.
- Rule 7.4, regarding the communication of fields of practice, states that attorneys in Utah may communicate whether they do or do not practice certain fields of law.
- Rule 7.4 also states that attorneys who are admitted to engage in patent practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, may use the designation ‘‘Patent Attorney,” and attorneys engaged in the Admiralty practice may use the designation ‘‘Admiralty” or ‘‘Proctor in Admiralty.”
- Attorneys in Utah are not allowed to state or imply that they are certified as a specialist in a particular field of law unless they meet very specific qualifications, as outlined in Rule 7.4.
Ready For A Different Approach To Marketing?
Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. has provided clients across the country with the tools they need to truly succeed, and we are ready to do the same for you. When you partner with us, you will receive, among other services, the following:
- A one-of-a-kind website design that features your firm’s personality and strengths, designed to draw prospective clients in and keep them there.
- Comprehensive SEO strategies that will help your firm gain full visibility on the most popular search engines.
- State-specific educational legal content that addresses potential clients’ pressing legal questions, fostering a relationship based on trust, thereby converting them to real clients.
- High-quality educational videos to showcase your knowledge of the law, all from the comfort of your own home.
- Effective Pay-Per-Click and Remarketing campaign management.
- Reputation management to mitigate the impact that a bad review can have on your firm.
- 24/7 Live Chat to make instant connections with prospective clients at all times.