Attorney Advertising Rules in Pennsylvania
Law firms throughout the state of Pennsylvania should not have to worry that they are in violation of any advertising rules when they partner with an internet marketing company. At Accel Marketing Solutions, your law firm can feel confident knowing that we are well-versed in the rules put forth regarding advertising by the Pennsylvania Bar Association to help you have one less thing to worry about. To learn how Accel Marketing Solutions can help your law firm reach it’s maximum potential online, contact us today.
Why You Should Know Pennsylvania’s Attorney Advertising Rules
While you practice law, you may not know exactly what your marketing company is up to when managing your internet marketing efforts. In order to avoid any disciplinary action from the Pennsylvania Bar, you must take the time to understand what you are and are not permitted to claim on your website as well as any other forms of advertising communication that your disseminate to prospective clients.
Advertising Rules In Pennsylvania | The Breakdown
Here is a brief outline of the rules included in the Pennsylvania Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct for internet marketing:
- When advertising for your law firm, you aren’t allowed to make any sort of false or misleading statements about yourself or the legal services that you provide. Also prohibited are any statements that are true but can be misleading to a reasonable person [Rule 7.1]
- It is important to be careful about how past case results are discussed on your law firm’s website, as you are not allowed to insinuate that these results should be expected in a new client’s case [Rule 7.1]
- When distributing any sort of advertisement, whether it be online, in print, or on television, etc., you must include the name and office address of at least one of the attorneys who are responsible for the content included in the announcement [Rule 7.2]
- Any time an advertisement is published, you must be sure to keep a copy of it for at least two years after it was last used [Rule 7.2]
- With very few exceptions, attorneys are not supposed to use any language on a website or advertisement that describes themselves as a specialist or an expert [Rule 7.4]
Need A Marketing Change? We Can Do It!
Law firms in Pennsylvania need to feel confident in their advertising company and with Accel Marketing Solutions, you can. Our experienced marketing team will provide you with the following:
- A high-end website design to showcase the best your firm has to offer.
- Extensive SEO strategies that serve to help your firm thrive on Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- State-specific educational legal content to help your clients come in with knowledge of what to expect in their case.
- High-quality educational videos that feature a Q&A with yourself to help prospective clients get acquainted with you and your firm
- Effective Pay-Per-Click and Remarketing campaign management.
- Reputation management to blunt the impact a poor review may have on your firm’s good name.
- 24/7 Live Chat to make instant connections with prospective clients at all times. With 24/7 live chat, you will never miss a call or a client again.
Accel Marketing Solutions. Inc. has helped law firms and attorneys around the countries take their practice to the next level for years, and we can help your firm, too. Contact us so we can get started.