Attorney Advertising Rules in Oregon
One of the most important tools a law firm in Oregon needs for success is a well-rounded digital marketing presence, complete with a top-of-the-line website. Attorney websites are considered a form of advertising, so you must retain the services of an internet marketing company that is knowledgeable about your state bar’s advertising rules. To learn more about what Accel Marketing Solutions can do for your law firm’s online presence, contact us today.
How Can Advertising Rules Affect Your Law Firm?
At Accel Marketing Solutions, we make protecting your firm from any legal issues a priority. To ensure that you are not the subject of any legal action as a direct result of your website or any advertisements we issue on your behalf, we include a disclaimer on your website. This disclaimer typically includes language explaining that simply reaching out via the site’s contact form does not mean an official attorney-client relationship has begun, among other things.
What Should I Know About Oregon’s Attorney Advertising Rules?
The Oregon Rules for Professional Conduct are similar to those that were set forth by the American Bar Association. Some of the main points included in the Rules for Professional Conduct that are important for all law firms and individual attorneys to be aware of are as follows:
- False or misleading statements are not permitted to be made in any law firm advertisement or communication about the firm or its services, even if the statement is true, but the average reasonable person may feel mislead [Rule 7.1, Communication Concerning a Lawyer’s Services]
- Though it is permissible to disperse advertisements in a variety of platforms, lawyers are responsible for including their name and office address in any communication that is published [Rule 7.2, Advertising]
- When soliciting potential clients, lawyers are not permitted to use any methods of coercion, duress, or harassment [Rule 7.3, Solicitation of Clients]
How Accel Can Help Your Law Firm
It is important for law firms to feel confident that their advertising company will abide by the Bar Rules of their state. With Accel Marketing Solutions on your side, you can rest assured. Our experienced marketing team will provide you with the following:
- A high-end website design to showcase the best your firm has to offer.
- Extensive SEO strategies that serve to help your firm thrive on Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- State-specific educational legal content to help your clients come in with knowledge of what to expect in their case.
- High-quality educational videos that feature a number of frequently asked questions that you answer briefly to help prospective clients get acquainted with you and your firm
- Effective Pay-Per-Click and Remarketing campaign management.
- Reputation management to blunt the impact a poor review may have on your firm’s good name.
- 24/7 Live Chat to make instant connections with prospective clients at all times. With 24/7 live chat, you will never miss a call or a client again.