Attorney Advertising Rules in Ohio
For years, we at Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. have worked to provide attorneys with the digital marketing campaigns they deserve and need to truly succeed. Our mission is to promote your brand in a way that is both effective and entirely based on your firm’s wants and needs. That being said, in doing so, we must always ensure we act in accordance with the rules set out by the Bar regarding attorney advertising in Ohio, which is why each member of our team is well-versed in those rules. Read on and contact Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. to learn more.
Ohio Attorney Advertising Disclaimers
One of the most important aspects of marketing for law firms and attorneys around the country is ensuring they stay out of legal trouble themselves. Because of this, we provide each attorney website with a disclaimer that essentially informs all those visiting your website that simply filling out a contact form or reading the website’s content does not establish an attorney-client relationship, and is not to be taken as legal advice.
Ohio Rules For Professional Conduct
Attorneys in Ohio and their marketing companies must always abide by the Rules for Professional Conduct implemented by the Bar. We fully understand this, which is why we will always act in compliance with these rules. Some of those rules are as follows:
- Attorneys in Ohio may not make statements regarding their services that could be classified as false, nonverifiable, or misleading. [Rule 7.1, Communicating an Attorney’s Services]
- Lawyers in Ohio are allowed, under Ohio law, to advertise their firm’s services through written, electronic, and recorded communications, including public media. [Rule 7.2, Advertising and Recommendation of Professional Employment]
- Any attorney advertisement in Ohio must include the name and office address of at least one lawyer or law firm that is responsible for its content. [Rule 7.2, Advertising and Recommendation of Professional Employment]
- Attorneys in Ohio are allowed to include, in advertisements, whether they practice certain fields of law. [Rule 7.4, Communication of Fields of Practice and Specialization]
- Lawyers are prohibited from stating or implying that they are specialists in certain fields of law unless they have either been certified as a specialist by an organization approved by the Supreme Court Commission on Certification of Attorneys as Specialists, or if the name of the certifying organization is outrightly identified in the advertisement. [Rule 7.4, Communication of Fields of Practice and Certification]
- If you are an attorney admitted to engage in patent practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, you may refer to yourself as a “Patent Attorney.” [Rule 7.4, Communication of Fields of Practice and Specialization]
- If you are an attorney in Ohio who is engaged in admiralty practice, you may refer to yourself as “Admiralty,” “Proctor in Admiralty,” or a substantially similar designation. [Rule 7.4, Communication of Fields of Practice and Specialization]
Why You Should Call Accel Marketing Solutions
Our team of marketing professionals has developed a winning formula for attorneys across the country, and we are ready to put that formula to work for you. Just some of the services Accel will provide for you and your firm are as follows:
- Unique website design: Our team will create a design that draws your prospective clients in and highlights your firm’s culture and strengths.
- Comprehensive SEO strategies: Any successful law firm must rank on the most important search engines, such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Our job is to make that happen through tailor-fit SEO strategies.
- State-specific educational legal content: Our content writers create useful, educational content for potential clients seeking legal assistance in Ohio.
- Professional-grade educational video production: These help you demonstrate your knowledge of the law, increase your online visibility, and give future clients an idea of your personality, all from the comfort of your office.
- Accel provides clients with efficient Pay-Per-Click and Remarketing campaign management.
- Reputation management: One poor review does not speak for the quality of a business. This is why Accel has the tools needed to mitigate the impact of any bad review so your firm’s good name remains untarnished.
- 24/7 Live Chat to make instant connections with prospective clients at all hours so you never miss an opportunity again.
Our job is to help you succeed. In fact, we only succeed when you do, and we will work closely alongside you until your firm comes out on top. Contact Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. today so we can get started.