Attorney Advertising Rules in Delaware
Our world relies on the internet more than ever, law firms included. Attorneys in Delaware need a comprehensive digital marketing campaign to make sure their advertising is as effective as possible. Accel Marketing Solutions is committed to ensuring that all of our clients are in compliance with the advertising guidelines set out by the Bar Rules in the state of Delaware. Contact us today to learn how we can help.
Rules Regarding Attorney Advertising
There are a number of different stipulations included in the Delaware Lawyers’ Rules of Professional Conduct, which are quite similar to the Model Rules issued by the American Bar Association. An outline of Delaware’s rules is as follows:
- Delaware doesn’t let attorneys have any dishonest or potentially misleading language on their website that could make a prospective client think the law firm will provide specific results when in reality, there is no guarantee of any positive result. [Rule 7.1]
- Regardless of which type of advertising a law firm chooses, they may not offer anything valuable to someone who has recommended their services, aside from any costs directly related to the purchase of advertising space. [Rule 7.2]
- All published ads are required to include the name and office address of at least one of the attorneys working at the firm who claims responsibility for any published content. [Rule 7.2]
- Law firms and their attorneys aren’t allowed to say they are considered a specialist in their field, even though they are allowed to state which areas of law they practice. [Rule 7.4]
- Only specialists that have received such a designation from an ABA or state-approved organization are able to use the term “specialist” in their advertising [Rule 7.4]
Delaware Attorney Advertising Disclaimers
Attorney advertisements, including websites, must be accompanied by a disclaimer that aims to protect the law firm or attorney from any liability to clients. In addition, these disclaimers protect law firms from establishing an attorney-client relationship if a prospective client fills out the website’s contact form. Accel Marketing Solutions understands the importance of a legal disclaimer and places one on every website for the good of our clients.
Why Delaware Attorneys Choose Accel
Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. is a marketing company solely dedicated to helping attorneys thrive. We handle every facet of your marketing campaign. When you partner with us, you will receive the following:
- Beautifully-designed websites that aim to display what your firm does best.
- SEO-centric strategies to bring your search engine rankings higher.
- State-specific educational legal content that converts readers into potential clients.
- High-quality educational videos to help prospective clients become more educated and get to know your firm.
- Effective paid advertising campaign management.
- Reputation management to minimize the impact of a bad review.
- 24/7 Live Chat services to make sure prospective clients always get the help they need.
If you’re ready to get started building your online presence, contact Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. today.