Attorney Advertising Rules in Alaska
Today, one of the most profitable means of advertising for any business is online marketing. With the world at our fingertips, we can search for anything we need, including legal services. When an attorney wishes to expand his or her presence online, it is important that they do due diligence to make sure they are not violating any of the Bar Rules for Attorney Advertising in the state where they practice. Attorneys in Alaska are no exception.
When choosing an online marketing company, attorneys should make sure they work with someone that understands the attorney advertising Bar Rules in their state and can write state-specific content for their website. Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. is committed to making sure all of our clients’ advertising is in compliance with the Bar Rules in their state. Contact us today to learn how we can help.
Rules Regarding Attorney Advertising
There are a number of different rules that the Alaska bar has set in regards to the advertising an attorney can have online. It is important to ensure that your law firm follows these rules in order to avoid complications with the state’s bar. An outline of these rules is as follows.
Alaska Attorney Advertising Disclaimers & Rules
Attorney websites are required by the bar to include a disclaimer stating the limitations of any claims that may be presented on the site. Typically, disclaimers exist to refrain from placing responsibility on the attorney. Below is an example of a disclaimer created by Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. for a law firm located in Alaska:
“THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT. These materials have been prepared for general informational purposes only and are not intended and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on any specific facts or circumstances. Every case is unique. The information contained in this website is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship nor is it intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney. Website User should not act upon this information without seeking professional legal counsel. This Law Firm Website is built and managed by Accel Law Firm Marketing.
The use of the Internet or our contact form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through our form.”
Here is an explanation of Alaska’s state advertising rules:
- Rule 7.1 Communicating an Attorney’s Services: The state bar of Alaska prohibits an attorney from making false or misleading statements about themselves or the services they provide. An attorney is not permitted to mislead a layperson in any way, including comparing their services to the services of another attorney.
- Rule 7.2 Attorney Advertising Rules: An attorney may not provide compensation to a person for recommending his or her legal services. Attorneys are, however, permitted to pay for advertising at a reasonable cost. A lawyer may mention his or her ranking or inclusion by a professional publication as long as they did not pay to be selected.
- Rule 7.4 Communication of Fields of Practice: An attorney may state whether they do or do not practice certain fields of law. The attorney may not refer to his or herself as a specialist unless they are a designated “Patent Attorney,” “Proctor in Admiralty”, or if they have been certified as a specialist in a certain field of law by an organization that was approved by the Alaska State Bar Board of Legal Certification.
Why Alaskan Law Firms Pick Accel Marketing Solutions
At Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc., we take pride in understanding attorneys need to succeed in their online marketing campaigns. Our attorney marketing services include the following:
- Custom, unique websites that feature your firm’s personality and focus on conversion
- Established SEO strategies that help you get found on popular search engines
- State-specific educational legal content that converts readers into potential clients
- High-quality educational videos to showcase your personality and answer FAQs
- Effective Pay-Per-Click and Remarketing campaign management
- Reputation management to minimize the impacts of a bad review
- 24/7 Live Chat to make instant connections with prospective clients at anytime
If your law firm needs a customized online marketing campaign and an advertising company you can count on, contact Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. today.