Alabama Attorney Advertising Rules
Today, one of the most lucrative means of advertising for any business is online marketing. With the world at our fingertips, we can search for anything we need, including legal services. When an attorney wishes to expand his or her presence online, it is important that they do due diligence to make sure they are not violating any of the Bar Rules for Attorney Advertising in the state where they practice. Attorneys in Alabama are no exception.
When choosing an online marketing company, attorneys should make sure they work with someone that understands the attorney advertising Bar Rules in their state and can write state-specific content for their website. Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. is committed to making sure all of our clients’ advertising is in compliance with the Bar Rules in their state. Contact us today.
Rules Regarding Attorney Advertising
There are a number of different rules that the Alabama bar has set in regards to the advertising an attorney can have online. An outline of these rules is as follows:
- Rule 7.1 Communicating an Attorney’s Services: The state bar of Alabama prohibits an attorney from making false or misleading statements about themselves or the services they provide.
- Rule 7.2 Attorney Advertising: When an attorney advertises his or her legal services, they are permitted to do so through public media, including radio, television, directories, newspapers, etc. A copy of all advertisements must be delivered to the office of the general counsel of the Alabama State Bar no later than 3 days after it is first distributed. The attorney must also keep a copy of the advertisement and shall be held responsible for its content.
- Rule 7.4 Communication of Fields of Practice: An attorney may state whether they do or do not practice certain fields of law. The attorney may not refer to his or herself as a specialist unless they are a designated “Patent Attorney,” “Proctor in Admiralty”, or if they have been certified as a specialist in a certain field of law by an organization that was approved by the Alabama State Bar Board of Legal Certification.
Alabama Attorney Advertising Disclaimers
Attorney websites are required by the bar to include a disclaimer stating the limitations of any claims that may be presented on the site. Typically, disclaimers exist to refrain from placing responsibility on the attorney. They include language that aims to protect law firms from any unnecessary lawsuits based on the website’s content. A few examples of what may be stated in a disclaimer includes:
- The information contained in this website is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship nor is it intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney.
- Website Users should not act upon this information without seeking professional legal counsel.
- The use of the Internet or our contact form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through our form.
Why Alabama Law Firms Pick Accel Marketing Solutions
At Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc., we take pride in understanding attorneys need to succeed in their online marketing campaigns. Our attorney marketing services include the following:
- Custom, unique websites that feature your firm’s personality and focus on conversion
- Battle-tested SEO strategies that help you get found on popular search engines
- Social media marketing strategies that expand your reach
- State-specific educational legal content that converts readers into potential clients
- High-quality educational videos to showcase your personality and answer FAQs
- Effective Pay-Per-Click and Remarketing campaign management
- Reputation management to minimize the impacts of a bad review
- 24/7 Live Chat to make instant connections with prospective clients at anytime
If your law firm needs a customized online marketing campaign and an advertising company you can count on, contact Accel Marketing Solutions, Inc. today.